January 31, 2014


1-29-2014 
Share show with Paul
 
Fifth Wednesdays have always been fun.  Since the show’s inception in 1990, it has become tradition that the alternating week’s host shares the show with me.  This week we did it a little differently.  Paul had done his homework and put together a half-show of music related to and including Ike Turner in his early years, pre-Tina because his show 50s R&B House Party usually is limited to that decade.
 
As I mentioned, Paul had put in more than his normal preparation so I suggested he take the first half of the show in order to get the continuity and also make sure he got enough time to fit in his whole storyline.  Now, I know a little about that time in Ike’s career and I would have interjected whenever I thought it would be helpful, but when Paul was done there was really nothing to say that he hadn’t covered.
 
Since Paul was doing a theme show I just picked out some favorite tunes from a couple of various artist (all of them American to give my listeners a reprieve from the ongoing Brit Blues series) CDs I’d compiled about a decade ago.  It was an entertaining and informative show.
 
I’d also like to congratulate Radio Re for picking up the show preceding us.  I have been fortunate to have had very little change in the shows at either end of my shift.  I’m not sure but I believe Eduardo and Nguyen took over the noon to 2pm slot directly from Patti McKay and I do know that the Razzberry took over 5-8pm immediately upon the retirement of Bill Hazzard.  While Ed and Nguyen will be missed, it will be nice to continue to have happy faces to facilitate my comings and goings.  Re will be on every week starting the first Wednesday in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment