December 24, 2014


Development of the British Blues and Rhythm
   --- show 21 ---     11-24-2014  

Fleetwood Mac
Cream

SORRY!  CLOSED

FOR CHRISTMAS

Be back next year

Okay, not really.  I couldn’t leave you without at least today’s playlist.  Anyway, I’ve had a lot to get done before the end of the year so I still haven’t quite nailed down the Fleetwood Mac entry and I have already put so much time into it that I want to do it absolutely right.  It will likely wind up the longest bunch of words (all brilliant, of course) yet for this series.  I’ve got three weeks before our next installation so I should have it (and a write-up on Dave Edmunds’ band Love Sculpture, making it a powerful show to begin the second year of this project) by then.  I can’t believe I have gotten through 21 episodes this year and we’re still only about halfway through!

Paul will host the fifth Wednesday’s New Year’s Eve show and we’ll instead be getting together on January 7th, so allow me to take this time to wish you all Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah or the most pleasant of whatever religious holiday you wish to celebrate.  I will be going to see my son and granddaughter for a nice Christmas dinner and it is my hope that you will all have family to share with as well.

This is our third and final show on Cream and their portion again consists entirely of live material while we go to the earliest studio sessions of Fleetwood Mac, encompassing their first two albums and other track from about the same time (all before Danny Kirwan came on the scene).  We also throw in three tunes to start our last set which were actually recorded when Mayall’s Bluesbreakers featured all three of the originally planned for members of the Mac – Peter Green, Mick Fleetwood and John McVie.  So enjoy the show and here is what you will be hearing.

Ramblin’ Pony
No Place to Go
My Heart Beat Like a Hammer
Hellhound on My Trail
Shake Your Moneymaker
Looking for Somebody
My Baby’s Good to Me
I Loved Another Woman
The World Keeps On Turning
Got to Move
Black Magic Woman
   Fleetwood Mac

N.S.U.
Deserted Cities of the Heart
Sitting on Top of the World
Rollin’ and Tumblin’
   Cream

Stop Messin’ Round
Need Your Love So Bad
Rolling Man
Dust My Broom
If You Be My Baby
Evening Boogie
Lazy Poker Blues
Need Your Love Tonight
   Fleetwood Mac

Tales of Brave Ulysses
White Room
Spoonful
   Cream

It Hurts Me Too
Fleetwood Mac
Double Trouble
Watch Out
Driftin’
Mean Old Frisco
Allow Me One More Show
I Have to Laugh
Talk to Me Baby
Buzz Me Baby
Mean Mistreatin’ Mama
Long Grey Mare
Baby Please Set a Date
My Baby’s Sweeter
   Fleetwood Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment