October 8, 2015


School of the Higher Groove
2015-10-08   5-7am Thursday

The Byrds                                         1965-1966
Buffalo Springfield                           1966-1967
The Lovin’ Spoonful                            1965

*************************
Since it is still relatively new, I thought I’d mention that KKUP is now streaming on the internet and, while it is still in a developing stage, we have been putting out the word.  I’m not all of that good with high-tech stuff, but it seems pretty easy to access.  If you go to our website at KKUP.org you will see on the home page a strip of options immediately above the pictures of the musicians the next to the last option being LISTEN ONLINE.  By clicking this, it brings up a choice of desktop or mobile.  I can only speak for the desktop but after maybe a minute I was receiving a crystal clear feed.  As already mentioned, this is still a work in progress and we are currently limited to a finite number of listeners at any one time.  I mention this so you will be aware to turn off the application when you are not actually listening.  (I put the player in my favorites bar for the easiest of access.)  Now we can reach our listeners in Los Gatos and Palo Alto, even my family in Canada.  Let your friends elsewhere know they can now listen to your favorite station, and while they have the home page open they can check out our schedule.

*************************
Good Time Music
Almost Grown
Blues in the Bottle
Bald Headed Lena
My Gal
Fishin’ Blues
The Other Side of This Life
Big Noise from Speonk
   The Lovin’ Spoonful

Mr. Tambourine Man
Spanish Harlem Incident
All I Really Want to Do
Chimes of Freedom
Lay Down Your Weary Tune
The Times They Are a-Changin’
It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue
My Back Pages
   The Byrds

For What It’s Worth
Mr. Soul
Bluebird
On the Way Home
Broken Arrow
Rock ‘n’ Roll Woman
Go and Say Goodbye
   Buffalo Springfield

Do You Believe in Magic
Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind
You Didn’t Have to Be So Nice
There She Is
Sporting Life
Night Owl Blues
Jug Band Music
Let the Boy Rock and Roll
On the Road Again
   The Lovin’ Spoonful

Turn Turn Turn
I’ll Feel a Whole Lot Better
It Won’t Be Wrong
The Day Walk
The Bells of Rhymney
Don’t Doubt Yourself
You and Me
It’s No Use
The World Turns Around Her
   The Byrds

No comments:

Post a Comment